Solent Credit Union is looking for someone to oversee and participate in the development of Digital Marketing. The need arises as our potential client-base becomes increasingly computer-literate and as we expand our membership base into areas of need in the whole of our “common bond” area of South Hampshire. Furthermore, we need to back our support of the most needy borrowers and savers with services to a group with somewhat higher financial capabilities. We need to develop our website to attract new members and to simplify signing them up, and to develop content-based and social media marketing.
What is the role?
The Director of Digital Marketing will have responsibility for the following areas of the business
- Working with the Board and volunteers to establish a new approach to Digital Marketing
- Leading the development of Digital Marketing
- Building the member base and relationships with followers
- Investigating design of new digital services and products to benefit our members
- Monitoring changes (eg in technology or credit union products/services) and informing the board if changes in services, products or systems might be advantageous
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who can work as part of that team and contribute towards the future success of the credit union. This is a small organisation run by volunteers, so directors are expected work actively in the role they take up.
We are looking for someone who has up-to-date experience in digital marketing, able to take a hands-on approach and to develop with this fast-moving market. An understanding of digital channels, experience with managing digital campaigns, ability to identify and develop target segments and to analyse and react to results is essential. Experience of financial products would be an advantage.
The position is suitable either for someone who is mid-career, looking to gain experience at board/executive level, or for someone who is up to date with developments but is retired or semi-retired. What is most important is that they can understand the objectives of the credit union and have time available to contribute towards its future.